04-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Alright, here I go. I'm a final destination fanatic, with a few quick notes: The main reason the franchise wasn't as successful as it should have been, was David R Ellis.
The first and third instalments were my favourites, both directed and co-writen by James Wong. The reason for this is it's combination of refreshing death scenes and the "it could happen to me" factor. I just wrote a review for the 1st movie today
The second and fourth movies were shittier because of David R Ellis. He's an action stunt man, that has directed a handful of movies, and unfortunetly didn't do the franchise any favours. He's not necessarily a 'bad director', but he's got no style (or talent really).
The fifth movie, Directed by Steven Quale (Avatar - second unit director & Titanic second unit director ) was an excellent addition to the franchise. When I found out he was directing, i got quite excited. I found this the most suspenseful one yet, and i also agree with Caftan King&MrBlue
The first and third instalments were my favourites, both directed and co-writen by James Wong. The reason for this is it's combination of refreshing death scenes and the "it could happen to me" factor. I just wrote a review for the 1st movie today

The second and fourth movies were shittier because of David R Ellis. He's an action stunt man, that has directed a handful of movies, and unfortunetly didn't do the franchise any favours. He's not necessarily a 'bad director', but he's got no style (or talent really).
The fifth movie, Directed by Steven Quale (Avatar - second unit director & Titanic second unit director ) was an excellent addition to the franchise. When I found out he was directing, i got quite excited. I found this the most suspenseful one yet, and i also agree with Caftan King&MrBlue
~It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me day and night --Poe
~Tis better to reign in hell, than to serve in heaven --Milton
~One person's craziness is another person's reality --Burton
~Tis better to reign in hell, than to serve in heaven --Milton
~One person's craziness is another person's reality --Burton


![[-]](http://talkhorror.com/boards/themes/dim/collapse.png)