06-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Mr. Briggs Inc. Wrote:I highly doubt they would take that kind of a chance considering the image Season of the Witch has in the horror community XP. And in all honesty, I can't blame them. I liked Season of the Witch, but having the Halloween series be "anthology" now would devalue the important fact that the last 5 + 2 films have been about Michael Myers :/.
Not to mention, anthology series (new storylines every installment) have actually been tried before to some extent... and they haven't been very fondly remembered (House, The Howling...)
As for this Halloween 3D business: I have low hopes for it myself. Halloween is a series in which gore does not need to be emphasized at all (not even in the Zombie remakes), and I doubt they'd use the 3D for much else (giving depth to darkened houses?)
Plot-wise, I think the story's only hope is that they reduce Michael to a cameo but continue on the storyline of Laurie going nuts, but make her something distinct from "another Michael Myers"; give her her own personality, and don't make her wear the same mask...
A Michael that lurks in the shadows, and is not a main character, would give it more creepiness.
I agree, the 3D will likely be used for blood/gore. Hopefully, Michael isn't lunging at the camera and whatnot.


![[-]](http://talkhorror.com/boards/themes/dim/collapse.png)