Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Halloween II (2009) - (Theatrical Review)
#8
Bojangles Wrote:The grittyness is fine with me. The shaking just went way too overboard, though. The first one didn't have that problem, but the second one did. Remember when Michael was fighting Joe Grizzly and the camera was shaking as Michael was ramming his arm into the side of the stall? That was fine and I actually thought it made things look more intense. In this one, the camera would shake so bad that you couldn't see exactly what was going on at points in the movie. Plus, it was entirely too dark in some scenes, in my opinion.

I hated to give it a 4 out of 10 because I wanted the movie to be good. I hoped it would have been good. I didn't go to the theaters hating it like MOST people do when it comes to remakes. I'll watch it again once it's on DVD and maybe then my opinion will change a little, but I highly doubt it. Sad

What do you mean by the sound? How the volume would turn up or seemingly get loud to make people jump? I'll be honest, I did notice a person or two jump when that would happen. However, I see a lot of movies in theaters and I'm used to that by now.

Oh, another thing I hated early in the movie, but I didn't want to spoil anything in my review so I'll use the spoiler button.

Although, I do think the first few minutes of the movie were the best, up until the hospital stuff ended.

I mean the sound effects, when the knife goes in, when he stomps that guy's head etc, that was well done. It was one thing both me and gore enjoyed.
"Out there in the darkness, they're coming after me. A thousand stalking zombies, they want my brains to feed."
Demented Are Go
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Halloween II (2009) - (Theatrical Review) - by Wolf-J-Flywheel - 08-30-2009, 06:55 AM
Halloween II (2009) - (Theatrical Review) - by demented_are_go - 08-31-2009, 06:35 AM
Halloween II (2009) - (Theatrical Review) - by AmericanPsycho - 09-03-2009, 09:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lost After Dark - Review Lilith 0 2,354 10-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Lilith
  Hellacious Acres - The Case of John Glass (DVD Review) Bojangles 0 1,687 04-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Last Post: Bojangles
  He Knows You're Alone -Review- Lilith 4 4,278 10-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: mytee
  Tucker & Dale vs Evil (2009) TerrorScribe 4 4,156 07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Creamy Goodness
  Slumber Party Massacre -Review- Lilith 35 17,366 12-12-2010, 02:31 AM
Last Post: Bojangles
  The Human Centipede (First Sequence) (2009) TerrorScribe 15 9,169 12-02-2010, 06:03 AM
Last Post: FreddysFingers
  Survival of the Dead (2009) TerrorScribe 14 8,158 10-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Fangenstein
  Dead Alive ~Official Review~ Maxx88 20 9,157 08-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Last Post: FreddysFingers
  Splice (2009) TerrorScribe 5 4,178 06-21-2010, 05:34 PM
Last Post: mary319
  The Loved Ones (2009) TerrorScribe 2 2,687 04-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Last Post: TerrorScribe

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)