Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It's Time For A Change
Ok. I'm wanting to change things up a bit and I've had some ideas floating around, but I'm curious as to what you guys and gals want in a horror web series. For instance, I've thought of doing the following:

Remaking The Series - Starting with a clean slate. Change shit up and start over.

Creating A Whole New Series - Maybe the only thing that would be similar would be the name. Maybe instead of having segments that one person handles, we could also sit around at a desk and talk about different stuff and maybe even do it out of makeup. I'm not sure. I'm just going over some ideas in my head.

Forget the show and just do short movies/films from time-to-time. I've disregarded this idea, because I've decided I do want to have a bi-weekly series.

Make a zombie web series with a new episode every two weeks. (This could be difficult, but if people want it, I'll do it)

I'm open to all ideas at the moment. So, please give me some food for thought.
[Image: gingersnaps_signature_bojan.gif]
Glad you still want to continue the TH show, and I'm sorry I haven't exactly been on the ball, as I truly wanted to get the blog going.

Personally, I liked the series a lot. It could have been polished of course, but the characters were very memorable and the segments were creative. I like the variety aspect as it does "talk horror" through the mouths of characters you might see in horror movies. The problem posed is that it does take a lot to organize, as I've heard from you. If you keep doing it as you were, I'd definitely suggest that you keep the other actors to time tables and make sure they know what they want to talk about.

If you do keep doing the TH show as it is, I would suggest you "start over" so to speak, as it has been one hell of a gap between your last episode and now.

If you do the round table stuff, I'd strongly suggest you keep the costumes and makeup. I'd imagine getting into it can be something of a hassle, but it's worth it; it adds flavor to the proceedings and differentiates it from other horror review shows.

Though it wouldn't be "talking horror" as much, a bi-weekly story would also be cool. I don't think it should be a zombie show however. With no offense to you, zombies are sort of overused.
“The Fright Night remake is a film which taps into the audience’s deepest rooted fears, such as those of vampires throwing motorcycles at them. I dread the thought of a vampire throwing a refrigerator or a deskjet printer or... I’d better stop before I give myself nightmares”
Mr. Briggs Inc. Wrote:Glad you still want to continue the TH show, and I'm sorry I haven't exactly been on the ball, as I truly wanted to get the blog going.

Personally, I liked the series a lot. It could have been polished of course, but the characters were very memorable and the segments were creative. I like the variety aspect as it does "talk horror" through the mouths of characters you might see in horror movies. The problem posed is that it does take a lot to organize, as I've heard from you. If you keep doing it as you were, I'd definitely suggest that you keep the other actors to time tables and make sure they know what they want to talk about.

If you do keep doing the TH show as it is, I would suggest you "start over" so to speak, as it has been one hell of a gap between your last episode and now.

If you do the round table stuff, I'd strongly suggest you keep the costumes and makeup. I'd imagine getting into it can be something of a hassle, but it's worth it; it adds flavor to the proceedings and differentiates it from other horror review shows.

Though it wouldn't be "talking horror" as much, a bi-weekly story would also be cool. I don't think it should be a zombie show however. With no offense to you, zombies are sort of overused.

Thanks, Briggs. I'm glad you took the time to give your input and it will undoubtedly help me out.

By the way, it wouldn't have to be a zombie series. It could be about vampires, werewolves, slasher, whatever. I just sort of used zombies as an example. Hell, I'd even like to writes the scripts with some of you guys/gals and then film it myself.
If you do the series, I'd suggest either a mixture of subgenres (isolated zombie incidents during a mysterious killing spree, either one of which may be instigated by the rise of a demon...) so the audience gets the feel of lots of different forms of horror, or a satire along the lines of Behind the Mask; not necessarily a POV filmed series or a series following a killer, but one that puts real thought into genre "rules" and has characters questioning them
“The Fright Night remake is a film which taps into the audience’s deepest rooted fears, such as those of vampires throwing motorcycles at them. I dread the thought of a vampire throwing a refrigerator or a deskjet printer or... I’d better stop before I give myself nightmares”
I was sitting around with Ginger Zombie last night discussing everything. I think I may have something cool for you, Briggs. I'm going to message you and see what you think.
I'll be waiting with high anxiety! Big Grin
I want Briggs in the show! Make him the homicidal sociopath that everybody loves. He kills but that is only supposed to endear him towards us. Or... he could be the creepy, perverted voice on the other line that gives news.
"The conquest of fear lies in the moment of its acceptance. And understanding what scares us most is that which is most familiar, most common place"
- Chris Carter

Please check out my blog: The Paradise of Horror
The show is gonna be AMAZING! Confusedexdev:
Been getting supplies lately. Sorry about not being able to send you the synopsis yet, Briggs. I will send it tonight.
Can't wait to get the show going again and its gonna be better than ever
[Image: psycho_stitch_phantasm.jpg]
Now, remember: you don't aim a gun at a man unless you intend to shoot him. And, you don't shoot a man unless you intend to kill him. No warning shots. Hey, you listening to me? No warning shots. Warning shots are bullshit. You shoot to kill, or you don't shoot at all.
this might sound really really stupid (feel free NOT to tell me how thick i am) but what are you talking about????
The TalkHorror Show (we had our own show - look it up on YouTube) Big Grin
NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! ill look it up now
i thought id allready posted in here but obv i didnt lol just want to say u guys are awesome ur show was awesome and HELL YEAH!!!!!!! start it up again
Thanks, man. I'm glad you liked it Smile