Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When you realized it was fake
I believed Blair Witch for two reasons: 1: I was 8 or 9 when they were marketing it. 2: I wasn't exposed to the internet that much as a kid so I heard about this through the grape vine so it made it seem more real. As for The Fourth Kind, it was supposedly based off of a doctor and true events that happened in Nome, Alaska. Since I'm a UFO nutcase, I decided to cross-reference any Nome UFO sightings with the MUFON database and shockingly there were 3 cases of missing people that were attributed to UFO's or aliens. They weren't as played out like in the movie, obviously, but there is some validity to the film.
"The conquest of fear lies in the moment of its acceptance. And understanding what scares us most is that which is most familiar, most common place"
- Chris Carter

Please check out my blog: The Paradise of Horror
The Fourth Kind was based on actual events-unfortunately I believed the Blair Witch Project because I saw Curse of the Blair Witch on SYFY and I guess Im mytee dumb LOL -but my daughter has recently embraced her inner gorehound watched The Texas Chainsaw Massacre(1973 version) and believed the intro saying it was a true story I had to explain yes it was based on actual events but they didnt happpen in Texas in 1973 they happened in Wisconsin in 1957 no chainsaw no distubed family except Ed Gein's dead mother-so I educated her on what "based on a true story" really means
Torture is only truly pleasurable when performed.....slowly----The Machine Girl
The Fourth Kind was based on alleged UFO abductions. There were no actual UFO abductions or visitation in Nome, however back in the 60's there was a report of a UFO.
"The conquest of fear lies in the moment of its acceptance. And understanding what scares us most is that which is most familiar, most common place"
- Chris Carter

but there were disapearances that couldnt be explained
Always knew it was fake. For me I need overwhelming evidence to convince me that these two examples given are true stories. When the Blair witch was coming out I got a good laugh at people who would actually believe all that hype.
“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality”

RON ZOMBIE:madfire:
mytee Wrote:but there were disapearances that couldnt be explained

But it was never considered a UFO case, even by MUFON. There are lots of unexplained disappearances even here in Chicago. However, what the film did that not many alien abduction movies touch base on is the stages of abduction.
- Chris Carter

true there are many unexplained disapearances-in 1880 a farmer named David Lang walked into his field and vanished in full view of witnesses, including a judge and a politcal figure-what's really interesting is that for several months his children claimed to hear his voice at the spot where he vanished-there was a definate mark where nothing grew and animals would not walk on-the voice grew fainted after a while then too vanished -that's just one -Im not necessarily saying it was or was not an alien abduction-there certainly lie detectors or any other way to prove what these people said so I guess you have to decide for yourself as to what happened
That sounds like a spiritual case. I'm not proficient in those types of cases, my specialty (if I could pretend for a moment) would be UFO abductions and eye-witnesses. I briefly dug into the paranormal activity but my heart lies with aliens and UFOlogy.
- Chris Carter

Another case that sticks out is Fredrick Vallentic in Australia in 1978
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeAUyRSjiK8"]4-04 In Search Of... UFO Australia (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube[/ame]

There's never been an adequate explanation of what happened to him no wreckage etc-also is is coincidence that the majority of these strange vanishings occur in December?????
I've heard about this case and UFOlogist believe abduction because there were reports of green light but I'm on a little skeptical about that.
- Chris Carter

Yes in a little plane like that any number of things that could have happened -There's a case where a woman was flying a small plane with one passenger in the Bermuda Triangle over Grand Turk Island. The people in the tower clould hear their transmissions but it appeared that Carolyn Cascio and her passsenger could not see the tower-it was a clear day -they flew in circles then vanished -cant be sure of what really happened but I wouldnt want to be there-it was like "The Odyssey of Flight 33" episode of the Twilight Zone
Reminds me of a story about a guy who flew through the Bermuda Triangle right as a storm was brewing and he saw, as he flew through the clouds, what look like a vortex spinning right in front of him like a portal of clouds. He radioed the nearest tower and called mayday because his engine light was on. When he finally came out, his clock read that he had been inside the "vortex" for 20 minutes but the recording that the tower has of his distress signal was an hour. Where did the 40 minutes go?
- Chris Carter

Ive heard of that case and the theory of "electronic fog" there's another where a 747 went off the radar for 10 minutes-the tower thought they went down-but then they came back on to radar and every person on the plane watch were 10 minutes slow No one ever explained it
I remember when Blair Witch came out and they were trying to promote it as true found fottage and all and I remember thinking wow that's cool.

Then I happened to see clips of it and saw that the chick was Heather Donahue and thought damn isn't that that chick that was in all of those Steak-n-Shake commercials. Yep, same one.
[SIZE="3"]The rats are in the corn.[/SIZE]