Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BojanglesMovies that you don't think could work as a remake?
#5
I don't exactly know how to put it... I "liked" the remake as something standalone, but not in the same ballpark as the original. I think "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" as it was originally done was done perfectly, when they "changed the ingrediants" so to speak they couldn't find better ones, they just weakened the formula, IMO.

I think the same applies to The Thing, hence my idea that a remake couldn't "successfully" be done (Making an updated, perfected version of the original). What we have now is the perfect incarnation of "John Carpenter's The Thing". To make a remake they would either have to "change the ingrediants" to weaker ones or execute the ones already in the film in a less satisfying way. I hope I'm making sense, it's the most deconstructed way I can think of putting it!
“The Fright Night remake is a film which taps into the audience’s deepest rooted fears, such as those of vampires throwing motorcycles at them. I dread the thought of a vampire throwing a refrigerator or a deskjet printer or... I’d better stop before I give myself nightmares”
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Movies that you don't think could work as a remake? - by Dr. Briggs - 05-29-2009, 04:58 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How I believe the Evil Dead remake may well go down Dr. Briggs 3 2,464 07-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Dr. Briggs
  The Crow... Remake memzo 60 19,125 06-24-2011, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Chainsaw Brutality
  Did you like the Predators (Remake)? Friday The 13th 9 5,229 06-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Last Post: Raegan
  Craft-a-remake! Dr. Briggs 5 3,565 01-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Last Post: mrblue
  nightmare on elm street remake mrblue 25 10,381 05-01-2010, 02:07 AM
Last Post: mrblue
  Lunch Meat -Remake- Lilith 3 2,867 04-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Last Post: FreddysFingers
  List of Asian Movies Remakes Zach 11 6,424 02-11-2010, 01:31 AM
Last Post: Zach
  Movies you wanna see remade! Alter_ego 35 13,681 01-20-2010, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Dr. Briggs
  Happy Birthday To Me 3D Remake Dr. Goreman 4 3,257 01-19-2010, 02:41 AM
Last Post: mrblue
  Dawn of The Dead (remake) at Big Lots for $3 Bojangles 10 5,205 12-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Last Post: Bojangles

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)