04-25-2012, 05:46 AM
I haven't yet seen the remake. Almost nobody has recommended it to me and a few people here even warned me away from it
. Serious is one thing, but melodramatic is another. The original 2 films were serious enough (3-6 were the comedy installments), but the remake almost seems like it takes itself too serious to be realistic, or surreally scary as the original.
. Serious is one thing, but melodramatic is another. The original 2 films were serious enough (3-6 were the comedy installments), but the remake almost seems like it takes itself too serious to be realistic, or surreally scary as the original.
âThe Fright Night remake is a film which taps into the audienceâs deepest rooted fears, such as those of vampires throwing motorcycles at them. I dread the thought of a vampire throwing a refrigerator or a deskjet printer or... Iâd better stop before I give myself nightmaresâ


![[-]](http://talkhorror.com/boards/themes/dim/collapse.png)